• Close menu

    Recognition of foreign qualifications

    If you have completed vocational training or studies abroad, you may need your degree to be recognized so that you can work in Germany in the relevant profession. This depends on your profession and on your country of origin.

    In Germany, a distinction is made between so-called regulated and non-regulated professions. For regulated professions, recognition is mandatory. Only then are you allowed to work in one of these professions in Germany. Regulated professions are professions whose access and exercise are tied to proof of a qualification.

    You can find more information about the recognition of foreign professional qualifications on make-it-in-germany, the German government's portal for skilled workers from abroad.


    Do you have questions about the recognition of your university degree, vocational qualification or school-leaving certificate?

    Then get in touch with the <link en contact.html>Welcome Center Heilbronn-Franken team, we will be happy to help you.

    Counseling Center for the Recognition of Foreign Professional Qualifications
    For questions regarding the recognition of professional qualifications, especially in regulated professions, you can also contact our cooperation partner directly, the Advisory Center for the Recognition of Foreign Professional Qualifications - AWO Stuttgart.

    In addition to advice by e-mail and telephone, personal consultations are also offered at the Welcome Center Heilbronn-Franken office in Heilbronn and at the Employment Agency in Schwäbisch Hall. To make an appointment for personal counseling, please call the Counseling Center of the AWO Stuttgart. You can find their contact details here.



    Wirtschaftsregion Heilbronn-Franken GmbH | Weipertstraße 8-10 | 74076 Heilbronn | Telefon 0049 - 7131-7669-860


    Immer auf dem neuesten Stand – mit dem Newsletter der Wirtschaftsregion Heilbronn-Franken GmbH